What are the segments?
Segments are meant to isolate a specific behavior without taking into account the lifecycle evolution they are in. It is especially useful to isolate a population that would need to be addressed in the playbooks.
Why would I use Segments?
- Address a specific population
- Spot a specific behaviour to take action
- Follow a trend
What Segments should I create in general?
- New feature used
- Isolate Promoters / Detractors NPS
- Customers that did not connect in a while
- Plan split
- Upsell candidates
What Segments to isolate as a Head of Customer Success Manager?
- At risk Pulse so you can take action with your team
- High MRR client so you can follow their health
- Recent churned customers so you can detect pre-churned behavior and correct it
- Customers that create a lot of tickets via support so you can offer them a call or an additional training
What Segments should I create as a Customer Success Manager ?
- Last touch is ahead of time so you can suggest an appointment
- Key feature that is not used in a while so you can send a spotted email
- Star feature of the chosen plan is not used so you can detect downsell
- Bad NPS so you can focus on this customer