What is a playbook?
A playbook is a pre-defined list of tasks to perform to proactively onboard, retain and grow your customers based on customer behaviour and status. Playbooks are your team's super assistants letting you know when and how to act!
Playbooks can be automatically triggered by a change of stage, a change of health, a segment entry or a segment leaving. They can be applied to contacts and accounts.
What kind of playbooks can I create?
Playbooks can be either created
- To automate creation of planned actions for the customer : These are scheduled playbooks.
- To automate creation of actions based on customer behaviour and usage : These are behavioural playbooks
- Onboarding Playbook : When a new customer is closed, you can approve welcoming emails to be sent to your customers and create tasks to make sure the implementation process is well completed.
Tasks examples : "Sales Handover" , "Identify key contact" , "Validate expected value", "Kick-off meeting", etc.
- Pulse Check : For high-value customers, you want to have contact with them in a regular basis (or perform Quaterly Business Review) to check if they are getting success from your product, check if their objectives have evolved or even how their team grow. Playbooks will help you to schedule a call every month to make sure you never forget to contact them for too long. You can use Pulse feature to evaluate the level of risk after each new contact.
Tasks examples: "Pulse check", "Validate new objectives", "check usage"
- Renewal Playbook : As renewal is a delicate operation that may depend a lot from the relationship with the client as well as the client experience, it is strongly advised to create reminders to the account owner in charge instead of sending automatic emails.
Tasks examples : "check past NPS" , "Check usage" , "Add Pulse"... You can also set these tasks so they will appear in the Customer Success inbox only if they already happened
- End User / Low touch client Education : Will you educate your end users the same way you would educate your sponsor or your decision maker? Also, will you dedicate the same amount of time to your low touch customers ? Automatic emails can be set so basic education will be pushed to these customers. Help articles can be pushed to your clients, without needing any human interactions. If the education you are performing remains the same for your different clients, best option is to push automatic emails to automate your messages, or advertise about the upcoming webinar.
- Last Touch Playbook : When is the last time you contacted your client? As "last touch" feature enables you to track last conversation with your client, use playbook to send you a reminder whenever a last touch is too old.
- Becoming inactive playbook : don't wait for customers to churn, when customers are becoming inactive, make sure to contact them before it's too late.
- Bad NPS Playbook : When a customer enters a bad NPS, it's because something is wrong. You can call him right away to make sure your understand the reasons.
- Upsell opportunity Playbook : Some behaviour can translate an interest for upsells, use tasks to identify clients that might want to upsell and get in touch with them !
- Education Playbook : Is your client creating a lot of tickets on your support? Use playbooks to suggest a call to your clients and discuss with them about their tickets.
- Bad Health Playbook : Whenever a client decrease in bad health, actions needs to be taken. Tasks will enable you to analyze their profile, and contact them to make them go back in good health